Gluten free recipes for Yorkshire Puddings
Nowadays there are a lot more people finding they are gluten intolerant and others who prefer gluten free recipes. So there is an increasing demand for gluten free foods and products in the supermarkets. However as you will be aware these foods come at a price and tend to be approximately 10 to 20% more expensive than their counterparts. Therefore why not try one of the ever increasing gluten free recipes found online for meals, snacks etc.
So for you beginners and budding home cooks why not try these 2 recipes to accompany your Sunday roast. The first of our gluten free recipes is for Yorkshire Puddings.
You will need;
- 75gms of Heron gluten free flour
- 1 free range egg
- 75ml of Milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 75ml of water
- Medium sized bowl
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Muffin tray
Before you start baking set your oven to 200 centigrade (400 Fahrenheit / Gas mark 6)
- First put the flour, salt and pepper into a medium sized bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and drop in the egg.
- Start beating, gradually adding the flour, the milk and water. Then add 1 tablespoon of oil until your mixture is smooth in consistency.
- An electric hand held whisk will do this very quickly for you.
- Share the remaining oil between the six muffin tins and place in the hot oven.
- When the oil is smoking hot, remove from the oven and quickly pour the batter into the muffin tins (the oil must be hot enough for the batter to sizzle as it hits the tin).
- The puddings will take between 15-20 minutes and should be well risen and golden brown. Eat as soon as possible as they will loose their crispness if kept warm for long.
To accompany your Yorkshire puddings this recipe for gluten free stuffing will go down a treat.
You will need;
- 1 1/2 large onions
- 1 small egg
- 2 generous tablespoons sage
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 gluten free rolls (doesn’t matter what brand)
- 10g margarine
- Start by chopping the onion. Then microwave on high for 6 minutes at 2 minute intervals. Then liquidise onion.
- Second crush rolls into breadcrumbs and slowly add to onion mixture. Then begin to add the sage and mix together.
- Beat 1 small egg and add to mixture. Next add margarine to mixture and stir thoroughly. Add seasoning to flavour.
- Once you have your mixture complete put into a shallow grease proof dish till 1 inch thick. Preheat your oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and put on top shelf for 20 minutes until golden.
Why not sent us your Gluten free recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org